Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just waitin' for paint to dry...

...all this time is just floatin by
i try to hurry
the wet canvas takes its time
rush the process
meddle in business that aint your own
my hands were in the red
and i smothered the board in haste
why dont you slow down kid
take a breath
while your waitin for the paint to dry
but i just dont got the time
put your records on
and let the mind melt
no no no
i laid here enough
lettin your voice trash my brain
i've got the world to conquer
and no time to do it in
a handfull of blue
i ground into the canvas
and seeing the destruction
i took my heavy hand
coated in that days defeat
bandaged my heart in notes and tunes
and waited for the paint to dry...

a tribute to my soul sista. she's smokin' hot and her voice is a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment